Job Description: Receptionist /Customer Service
Reports To: Corporate Office and Salon Supervisor
The primary responsibility is to act as a cashier and ensure all guests are satisfied before leaving the store.. Must always be smartly dressed wearing clean / pressed clothes as specified in the manual in line with s.h.a.p.e.s Brow Bar’s policies and procedures.
You should know exactly how the salon operates and have a thorough knowledge of thee s.h.a.p.e.s menu of services, products and hours of operation and is able to communicate this information to guests in person or on the phone.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for salon cleanliness.
- Operating the POS system efficiently
- Greet guests and explain the menu offering.
- ‘Suggestive’ selling by offering guests the opportunity to purchase products and additional services.
- Estimate wait times, and politely encourage customers to wait or return as appropriate.
- Prevent and/or handle guest’s complaints.
- Handle guests’ complaints efficiently by listening attentively and always refer the complaints to the Corporate Office.
- Cleanliness is a key component of our image. Make sure to keep the entire salon and the reception area, desk, windows, product shelves and platform clean when not serving guests.
- If additional stock is need, notify the Corporate office immediately to avoid any delays.
- Proactively keep checking up on the salon’s fixtures and if anything needs to be fixed, immediately notify the Corporate Office to work on getting it fixed. Remember if there something causing an interruption in servicing our guests, we might be losing them forever.
- Call the corporate office at 562-991-5226 regarding any incidents pertaining to the salon operations.
- Balance the cash drawer at the beginning and end of each shift. Need to be alert at all times for employee theft and report any incidents immediately to your assigned Regional Sales Manager and the Corporate office at
- Greet the guests as soon as they walk in .
- Ensure accurate and proper reporting of the Sales Summary.
As a receptionist/ customer service rep you are to act cordially at all times you’re your primary responsibility is to make sure that all the guests leave happy. You need to set an example by consistently meeting your customer service levels and help your team members. It is absolutely essential for you to possess and adhere to s.h.a.p.e.s Brow Bar’s policies and guidelines.